Logic Model Preparation
Evaluation Specialists from CEDER are available to provide a half-day workshop on the use and development of logic models.
The workshop will include information on how to create and use logic models in an evaluation process. Participants will be asked to create a logic model using a current project or program they are currently working on. A pre-workshop survey will be distributed to gather information on participant background and need.
After attending this workshop, participants will be
- describe each component of a logic model,
- create a logic model for a program,
- identify ways of using logic models in their programs.
Data Intake and Cleaning Workshop
After completing this workshop:
- The participant will have experience with importing excel, text, and .csv files into Stata. The participant will also know how to troubleshoot importing data into Stata.
- The participant will learn a process for systematically intaking and cleaning data such that the original data is preserved, and the data is ready for analysis in Stata.
- The participant will be able to clean numerical, categorical, and string data in Stata.
- The participant will have experience with handling missing and ambiguous values in original data sources.
- The participant will have experience with setting up a .do file structure that encourages heavily annotated code.
- The participant will have experience with a .do file tracking system that allows a researcher to follow their code from data intake, cleaning, and analysis
Workshop content may be modified to fit the audience and time frame. Please contact CEDER with questions and for scheduling a workshop for your team.